What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Chadwell Orthodontics, you will be greeted by a member of our outstanding team. We look forward to taking you on a tour of our office and introducing you to the rest of our team before meeting with Dr. Chadwell to discuss your orthodontic needs. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
In most situations, our Treatment Coordinator (TC) will take some preliminary records, including photos and dental x-rays, along with reviewing your health history and orthodontic concerns. Dr. Chadwell will then conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment including his recommendation to best suit your need(s).
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problems are present, if any, that can be treated by orthodontics?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated to correct the problem?
- What might happen if the problem(s) are not corrected?
- Will any baby and/or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost and what are my payment options?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, some additional Diagnostic Records may be taken depending on your initial findings.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital scans of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs (x-rays)
Dr. Chadwell uses these diagnostic records to determine the best course of treatment for each individual.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The TC will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, digital study models and a personalized treatment designed to address your orthodontic concerns and needs.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions.
- If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, there may be an additional replacement fee assessed.
One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment as well as one year of retention monitoring. Please be aware there is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Scheduling Your Appointment and Office Hours.
Regular Appointments During Treatment
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. In order to be fair to everyone and encourage a schedule that stays on time, we utilize a system that arranges for similar procedures to be grouped at certain times of the day. This allows us to minimize wait time, manage rare emergency appointments and provide for the most available times before and after the school/work day.
You will then see us at regular intervals 6 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which typically takes 20 to 40 minutes. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.
We alternate our Mondays and Fridays to provide convenient and flexible scheduling for our patients. Our hours are 8:00-5:00 with lunch between 12:45 and 2:00. Please note that we open one hour earlier on Wednesdays to provide additional convenience to you – our orthodontic family!